12th January 2019
Willoughby Ukulele Orchestra Workshop
LEVEL 1 and LEVEL 2 SOLD OUT !!!
- provide understanding of what it means to be part of a structured orchestra
- understanding conductor instructions and signals
- listening critically to the other parts in the orchestra and how your part fits in
- exposure to three different genres of music arranged for this special little instrument
7 Victor Street, Chatswood, NSW, 2067
Workshop price for the full day, including all materials, tutoring, morning and afternoon tea and final recording is $145.00 for individualsGroup Bookings of 6 or more includes one free ticket for the group organiser.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR LEVEL 3 PLAYERS
45% discount on normal ticket price. Use code ‘LEVEL3’ at checkout.
Refer a friend: Call Ian for more details before you book your ticket to claim a 55% discount..
Skill Level Pre-requisites
All players must read either TAB or music notation (or both). Strumming parts will often be shown in slash notation as well as chord boxes
Level 1: SOLD OUT
- You can strum basic major, minor, 7th and minor 7th chords for A, B C, D, F G using thumb strum and simple up and down strumming, plus Bb, Bb7, Em E7, Eb.
- You know most of the notes, by name, on the fret board up to 4th fret
- Can thumb pick the C major scale in first position
- You can keep a steady beat when strumming and picking
- Has a basic understanding and experience reading TAB or notation
Level 2: SOLD OUT
- In addition to Level 1 requirement:
- You can play E chord, and some of the less common barre chord shapes
- You are not freaked out by extension chords, including ‘5’ chords, some common augmented, diminished, and suspension chords
- You can confidently play the island/calypso strum and other syncopated strums that emphasize the up (or off-beat) strum
- You can play chuck (chunk) and basic fan strums.
- You have experience with chords further up the neck, and moveable chords
- You can pick some other major scales, may have limited experience with pentatonic or blues scales
- Has basic experience in picking multiple strings simultaneously
- You have experience picking out notes, by name, above first position and across the fretboard
- Has confidence reading more complex TAB or notation for melody lines
- In addition to Level 2 requirement:
- You can grab common movable chord/barre chord shapes (such as C7: 3433, F: 5558, F#7: 6667, Gmaj7: 7779) for major, minor, dominant 7th and min7th chords as required
- You have ‘some’ familiarity with and would not be phased by extension chords including 6ths, 9th.
- You can pick basic major scales at a moderate pace, possibly in broken 3rds.
- Has exposure to other scales possibly including major modes, pentatonic, or blues
- You have experience in picking melodies all over the fretboard
- Can pick multiple strings at once as part of melody or between strums.
- Has no problems wth TAB or notation reading, particularly for single line melodies